Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Recap

It's offical, Christmas Vacation is really over. Our house it back to normal, everything Christmasy has been sorted, boxed and carefully put away until next year. I must say it sure didn't take near as long to take down my Christmas trees as it did to put them up, but I sure did enjoy them while they were up. This was our first "married" Christmas and let me tell you, it was incredibly busy but loads of fun and many memories made.

I didn't actually get out of school until Monday, but we started celebrating Sunday. Sunday we celebrated Mr. Joe's birthday (which is actually on Christmas Eve) with the Miller clan. Lots of food and laughter. Tuesday we had Miller Christmas and Brittany and P.J.'s house. I tried out a new recipe of pizza rolls and they were a huge hit. Thank you Pinterest! Wednesday, we had 28 youth kids at our house for the Youth Christmas Party. I must have baked over 200 cookies and not a one were left. I did have a lot of fun baking though. Check out all the children.





Thursday, we had a quiet evening at home. Friday, we headed to Birminham to have Waters Christmas with my grandparents and uncle/aunt/ and cousins. Again wonderful food, fun, and fellowship. On the way home, we satified a craving that has to be about a year old and got Milos for dinner. (He's been wanting to eat there since Adam and Sybil's wedding a year ago). So glad to make him happy. :) Saturday, was Turner Christmas. We headed to Citronelle to enjoy Seafood and finger foods. All delicious. Then we opened presents and let the fun begin. Kelly, Aaron and I danced using the Kinect and the Just Dance game. Needless to say, I'm prety horrible at that. Sunday, CHRISTMAS DAY - we decided to open presents when we got home, so we enjoyed a lovely breakfast of cinnamon rolls and sausage pinwheels, then off to church we went. We had a lovely service celebrating the birth of our Savior. With lunch in the oven (glazed ham, dressing (homemade) candied sweet potaotes, yeast rolls, bacon rolled green beans, and cranberry sauce) we were like two kids waiting for everything under the tree. I must say that Aaron out did himself this year and was so excited for me to open everything. We actually both got each other a pair of Tom's shoes. I got a beautiful watch (which was hiding in the tree) some kitchen aid attachments, to make cooking easier, The Wizard of Oz Collector's Edition, and some gift cards. Aaron's big gift was a 160GB Classic Ipod, that was hiding in the bottom of his stocking. We had a relaxing evening, eating watching "Elf" chatting via facetime, and just enjoying the day.

Monday, we set off again, this time north, we stopped in Tuscaloosa to visit Rebekah, Brad, Andrew and Issac, and Blair and Trey. We enjoyed dinner, conversation, and a few rounds of Catch Phrase.
Tuesday, we started our trek to the mountains, which is where we were spending Christmas with my family. After a couple of stops, Chick-fil-a and two bike shops, we finally made it to our house by the river. (I'll include some pictures when I get the Mac hooked up.) We enjoyed lot of relaxation while there, great food, lots of laughs and most importantly spending time with our family.


Girls preparing supper.








Adam making sure the bikes are secure.


Aaron getting the bikes on the car.


The River House

That's a quick recap of our first married Christmas and while it was a bit different than what we traditionally were accustomed to, I for one enjoyed myself and all the time with family. 2011 was a very exciting year with lots of changes but I can't complain about a one of them. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for the Turner Family, at least the Aaron and Laura Turner family. Unit next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment