Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflections

As I sit at home for the second day in a row (doctor's orders) I sit and reflect.

I reflect that my Thanksgiving was not what I imagined but I was able to experience a new love from my husband. Having been sick for the past four days and then two days of recovery, I have had the priviledge of being taken care of by sweet loving husband. He has cared for my every need, even rushing home from church to take me to me to the urgent care, so I could get some much needed medical attention. Very thankful for modern medicine and rest.

I have enjoyed two days of rest, although I feel much better, still not up to spending an entire day at work, I am so grateful that the doctor gave me that go ahead, otherwise, I would probably be sick AGAIN!!!

During those two days I have been able to just enjoy life. Christmas decorations have been put up, presents wrapped and placed under the tree, and more online shopping done. I know, I know, I'm suppose to rest but for me this was so relaxing and enjoyable, and trust me I feel very rested, and ready for the work week ahead (what's left of it). I have been able to spend some fabulous "quality time" with Aaron, which personally I think may be the best medicine a girl could ever get. We have had the opportunity to just sit and enjoy life.

I have also had the opportunity to catch up on the Platt Adoption Journey. This is the journey of David and Heather Platt (Pastor at the Church of BrookHills in Birmingham) and the adoption of the daughter Mara Ruth. It has been absolutely eye opening and humbiling as I have watched this take place from across the world. I encourage everyone to check this out. www.brookhills.com Words can not describe this, simply read with an open heart and let God SHOW UP!!!

As I spend the remainder of the day resting, I hope you are able to reflect on the AWESOMENESS that is this Christmas season. Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment