Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let the Adventures Begin

Spring Break has begun for Baldwin County Public Schools, which means that I am one footloose and fancy free teacher. I couldn't be more excited about getting a break and enjoying whatever adventures may lie ahead. Well the adventures have already begun:



Aaron and I are currently in Wake Forest, North Carolina, on a hunt for a place to live. Yes that means I have spent 10 hours in the car today. Now in case you don't know, I HATE riding in a car for an extended period of time. On any long family vacation, I was the kid who would go to sleep and wake up when we arrived at our destination. Well now I can't seem to do that. I just tend to get extremely restless and BORED. Needless to say, I was able to entertain myself and even had the privilege of driving for a while. Most of the drive was quite pleasant but by the time we arrived in Charlotte, NC, the storm clouds had rolled in. Here's what the sky looked like:





Then for 45 minutes we drove through a serve thunderstorm. It begin to rain extremely hard and THEN hail began to fall. If you look closely in the following picture you can see the hail on the side of the road.


We have finally arrived safely at our home away from home. We've had our Chick Fil A and are doing a bit more research on the apartments here. Tomorrow's plan is to relax and explore. More time in the car, but not as much as today. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Scary clouds!! I'm looking forward to the rest of the story... :)

    ReplyDelete