Sunday, March 4, 2012

Update on Life

It's offically OFFICAL!!! We are headed to seminary, at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina. We are excited, nervous, happy, sad, you name the emotion, it has probably been felt or will be felt sometime during this process. We have resigned from our jobs. I will finish the school year and I am already in the process of looking for a job in the Wake County Public School System. Aaron will work until we move at AT&T and last Sunday was our last Sunday at Crossroads. We are searching for an apartment and will be going to Wake Forest soon to find our new "humble abode". Side note: Gracie (the cat) is super excited about the 12 hour trip in the car. Doesn't that sound like fun. Which brings me to the reason for the update:

Today was the first Sunday since we have been married that we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn and head to Daphne to be ready for the Sunday service. First let me say that our time at Crossroads was amazing and we learned a lot. We are so blessed by the people and students who came into our lives and we will be for ever grateful for all that they have done for us. We had an amazing send off last week, serveral of the ladies in the church organized a luncheon in our honor. We were able to eat an delicious meal and visit with the church family. An excellent way say our thank yous.

But today we had no agenda, and we have taken full advantage of that. We slept in, which I don't think either one of us has done is quite some time. We took our time getting ready and then headed to Spot of Tea, in downtown Mobile for "brunch". We enjoyed a wonderful meal, took a side shopping trip, and came home. We have been able to enjoy some good quality time together and really just enjoy the day. And wouldn't you know, today is the first day in about two weeks where the sun has actually been shining. That made the day, 1,000 times better.

As I sit on the swing in the back yard, I am trying my best to just enjoy the day, but alas, I have a checklist of things that must be accomplished and now seems like as good a time as any. Just putting everything aside even for a little while seems to be so hard for me these days. I am constantly making a list of things that need to be accomplished, that I sometimes forget to enjoy the moments I have right now. I am so thankful that my husband constantly reminds me to just take a break. He is much better at that than I am, but I am learning. :) So as we embark on this incredible journey ahead of us, keep us in your prayers. Our hearts desire to follow after God's will and do His work, for His glory!

with love,
Laura and Aaron

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you guys! Your fun is just beginning! So proud of you......

    ReplyDelete
  2. seminary is good times. hard times, but good. you'll make the best friends ever there. enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete