Sunday, September 2, 2012

Eventful Two Weeks

The past two weeks have been full of new adventures.  Aaron started classes at Southeastern and has been reading like crazy since then.  Most evenings you will find Gracie and Aaron reading and studying away.

Aaron excited and ready for classes.  He rides his bike to class most days.

Last week I started my new job as a Teacher's Assistant at Wakelon Elementary in Zebulon, NC.  It is a totally different experience to say the least.  I spend most of the day in the cafeteria on breakfast or lunch duty.  In the afternoon I have carpool duty, which has actually been fun.  I have parents telling me thank you for taking care of their child during the day.  I am working with two first grade classes and am finally starting to learn some of the children's names.  I'm sure the longer I am there, the more of a routine I will get into, therefore making work a little easier.  It is a blessing to not have the added pressure of a teacher.  When I leave school, I leave it all behind and don't think about it again until the next morning.  The stress level is super low.  :)

Headed to work on my first day!

On Thursday nights I am taking a class at Southeastern through the Women's Institute.   Dr. Akin (the president) and Mrs. Akin (Dr. Akin's wife) are teaching the class, along with guest speakers from time to time.  I have had two classes so far.  Elizabeth (my friend) and I are taking the class together.  During this two hour class we enjoy some serious girl bonding time.  Well more like the 5 minutes it takes to drive to and from the seminary from our homes.  I can't even began to express how blessed I am to have found a friend who I can just chat with for hours.  :)


Notice anything odd or strange about our living room.  How about WE HAVE NO LIVING ROOM FURNITURE!!!  Apparently cats can get really mad about things like moving to a strange place, being left alone for long periods of time, or just for general purposes.  We know this because Gracie decided to show us how mad she was by peeing on our love seat and sofa.  She has been on antibiotics for a UTI, but quickly ruled that out after she used our sofa as a potty box.  This was after we had removed the love seat.  According the vet, she is just mad at us, the reason is still UNKNOWN.  We are trying our best to get as much "kitty antidepressant" in her.  Yes they do make that for cats, it comes in bright blue pill.  All furniture has been removed and so far no problems.  We'll see how things go on Tuesday when we return to school and work.  I'm hoping she will be okay and we can find some new furniture.  It makes watching t.v. or entertaining guests quite difficult.

We are enjoying a relaxing Sunday and looking forward to Labor Day tomorrow.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment