Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Adventures and New Year's 2014

Our Christmas celebration started a little early since we would not be home for Christmas.  Saturday morning was our Christmas.  We enjoyed opening presents, lounging in our pjs, eating tasty food, and simply relaxing.
Christmas PJs.



Gracie loves a good box and tissue paper.

Christmas Breakfast: Apple Cranberry Crumble and Sausage Pinwheels

Apparently I have only talked about needing an immersion blender every time I cook.
I have already used it to make homemade hummus.  Worked like a charm.

Aaron modeling his L.L. Bean socks.
 Monday, December 23, started out dark and early.  We loaded up the car and started the 14 hour trek to south Alabama.  We had a wonderful time visiting both sides of the family.  We are truly blessed.


Christmas in Citronelle

Still working on Selfies.

Sweet Nephews

Oh the joy of opening presents as a kid.  Sawyer loved opening everyone's presents.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle PJs


Remote Control 4-Wheeler



Duck Dynasty Trivia Game
Aaron and I lost horribly.

Aaron and Mr. Joe enjoying some bonding time watching a movie.

Since we were traveling to see family this year, we missed Christmas at the DPAC.
Thankful for technology that allowed me to watch it a day later.

No trip to Mobile is complete without Foosackly's
Aaron and I enjoyed some for lunch before we headed to my parents.
 Thursday, December 26, Aaron and I headed to my parents' house.  We enjoyed watching football, eating tasty treats, and chatting around the dinner table.
Jenks, my sister's cat, came for Christmas this year.  He was true gentleman.


A Man and his Mac
My dad was editing pictures and Aaron was compiling Hebrew vocabulary words.



Watching everyone open presents.


Jenks modeling the "trapper" hat my mom made for him.






 Sunday, December 29, Aaron, Gracie and I loaded everything in the car and began the 10 hour drive back to Wake Forest.  We enjoyed a few days at home before heading back to work on Thursday.

Aaron snuggled up with our new blanket from Adam and Sybil.
 New Year's Eve, Aaron and I headed out to dinner with friends.  We stayed out way past midnight, playing games and chatting.  So glad that we had one more day to recover before heading back to work on Thursday.
Hair Style from Kate from The Small Things Blog.
I love watching her hair tutorials.

Jaye and James playing on the iPad.

Lively game of Heads Up.
We were so involved in the game that we almost forgot to count down to the new year.

Lovely Ladies
So blessed to have them in my life.




New Year's Day, we prepared a traditional southern New Year's meal and enjoyed time with Josh, Meredith, and Baby James.  We ate until we couldn't eat anymore and watched tons of football.  Such a wonderful way to end our vacation.  Back to work Thursday.  Looking forward to the adventures of 2014.

Homemade Apple Pie




No comments:

Post a Comment