Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

Wednesday begin with a run for me and a bike ride for Aaron, afterwards I began the working on my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner. Cinnamon Rolls (Sybil's Famous Cinnamon Rolls at that) and Candied Sweet Potatoes. After rolling up cinnamon rolls (which is a lot harder than I thought it would be), letting them rise, cooking and icing them, we have our finished product. I made a pan for Thanksgiving, a pan for the guys at ATT that work with Aaron, and of course a pan for us. They were delicious!



I got all of the Christmas decorations out and did some online shopping before having some homemade taco pizza (another Sybil recipe) and watching some t.v.

Thanksgiving Day - I woke up not feeling really well but figured it was because I was tired. We got ready, gathered our tasty treats and headed to Citronelle to have Thanksgiving with the Turner Clan. Food, family, conversation, football games, everything was fantastic but still I didn't feel good. By the time we got home, I had a fever and my throat was very swollen. I was given some meds and sent to bed.

Friday - I'M SICK!!! Thankful to have a doctor in the family who can call in meds for you. After driving to get my meds, I parked myself in the bed and didn't leave except to get the mail. Gracie, sweet kitty, stayed with me all day and it must have worn her out because she has slept all day today. By the time Aaron got home, I had a fever, and wasn't feeling well at all. He went into full Doctor Aaron, got me some soup, meds, clean sheets, and just made sure that I was completely taken care of, including starting on the laundry. He has been the most awesome caretaker, takes on a whole new meaning of "in sickness and health" I love him!

Saturday - I woke up with a low grade fever but was able to get out of the bed. After a slow start, I managed to get myself going and get all of the laundry done (just took my time). I enjoyed talking to mom, read part of my new Karen Kingsbury book, shopped online, and enjoyed a little football. Now I'm patiently waiting on Aaron to get home, so we can put up the Christmas tree. So excited. I'll post pictures of the tree later. Until then... I'll continue resting so that I'm ready for the new work week. Not the way I wanted to spend my break but so glad to have a caring and loving husband to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment