Monday, November 14, 2011

A Weekend of Blessings

Awww, for rest, relaxation, cleaning, laundry, quality time with family, winning some sweet prizes, and a romantic dinner with my husband.

Last week was a "short" week for me. Thursday was an early dismissal, so the students left at 12, and then we were out of school on Friday for Veteran's Day. I spent Friday cleaning and doing laundry. Don't worry, I still had time to prop my feet up and enjoy a cup of coffee and a couple of cinnamon rolls. I felt quite rested and ready to tackle the weekend.

Saturday Aaron and I woke up, packed our bags, and headed to a new town we had never been to before... Hueytown, Alabama. All three "orginal Waters" plus the two additional Waters/Turner were all under the same roof. What a great time we had, watching some really sad football, eating delicious food. (Sybil really out did herself. The taco pizza was delicious and I hope mine turns out just as tasty) And of course no Waters' gathering would be complete without Rachel's famous chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven.

Sunday, everyone was headed in different directions. Aaron and I got up, enjoyed another special treat made my Sybil, cinnamon rolls. (Sybil - Aaron has bragged about them to all the guys at work, and now I've got to try my hand at them so they can see just what he is talking about. LOL) Then off to church we went. We arrived at The church of Brook Hills and were greeted by some of the most friendly people, and never once felt out of place, such a family and friendly atmosphere. The entire service was amazing, such an encouragement. It was so nice to sit through a church service and have not a single responsibility. Such a blessing.

Then off to ATT's auction. We ended the day with $100 for being newlyweds, $200 for two years with the company, a firepit, and WAIT FOR IT... A Macbook Pro! Since it was dinner time when we left, we decided to go somewhere nice, plus we were right there by The Summit. So CHEESECAKE FACTORY, here we come. We enjoyed a fantastic meal under the stars, and of course a slice of cheesecake before heading back home.

Another week has begun and the holiday season is quickly approaching, but I realized that it is so nice to just take some time to relax, spend time with those who you love the most and count your blessings. I can't wait to see what Sybil cooks up next time. Haha Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment