Sunday, January 6, 2013

Movie Date and Homemade Pad Thai

After only three days of work/school, Aaron and I both welcomed the weekend.  After some super tasty smoothies and a cup of coffee (for Aaron) we got ready and headed out for a movie date.  Now I am not much for going and sitting in a dark theater for hours watching a movie, especially when I can sit at home and do the same thing, BUT one movie caught my eye LES MISERABLES .  I grew up listening to the soundtrack and remember my mama reading the book and then condensing the story so we could understand it.  So off to the movies we went and with the awesome giftcards we got for Christmas it cost us nothing, we even got popcorn and a Coke.


Dressed and ready to go to the movies!!!  So excited!!!

The movie was AMAZING!!!  The movie was exactly as I had imagined as a child.  The music was fantastic and even though the movie was 3 hours long it didn't seem like it because the story was so captivating.  Aaron knew nothing about the storyline (per his request) but was informed that there would be A LOT of singing.  He throughly enjoyed it and made the comment "They just don't make movies like that anymore".  After the movies we stopped at DSW to do a little shoe shopping and then got a donut treat before heading home.  For dinner I whipped up some homemade Pad Thai.  We spent many Sunday afternoons at The Teak House with friends enjoys heaping plates of Pad Thai.  A quick search on Pinterest and a easy recipe for Pad Thai was found.

Delicious
The rest of the weekend has been equally as relaxing.  Aaron and I both enjoyed being back at church this morning.  All things Christmas have been put away and properly stored until next year.  We took ourselves on a little shopping spree at Kohls (using our gift card and Christmas money) and got some serious bargains.  After a chilly jog and bike ride for Aaron we enjoyed a tasty dinner a.k.a "brinner" - eggs, fried ham, and homemade biscuits.  

Chili is ready for tomorrow night's big game and I'm off to bed, so I can be ready for a fun and exciting day at work.  

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment