Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ringing in the New Year


Yesterday was New Year's and our last day of vacation.  Let me just say that we throughly enjoyed ourselves.  Slept late, enjoyed some leftover waffles, jam to some Les Mis on my new IPod, watched some football, and prepared a New Year's Day Feast.  Sadly I have no pictures of the actual food but we all enjoyed it.  We actually had guests too, which is always a treat.  Lee, Laura Ashley, and Holland Grace Harper joined us for dinner.  So wonderful to see such great friends, laugh and chat about our trip home for Christmas and UM memories, and watch HG get into everything.  Our house is so not child proof; ex: Christmas tree with glass ornaments, glass table tops, candy dishes, and candle displays with small rocks (perfect for putting in your mouth).  She was a sweetheart and always a pleasure to be around.  We are so thankful for these sweet friends and so glad they came over for the evening.  


If you look closely, you can see Gracie in the chair watching Aaron slice the ham. 

The table is all set.  These plates were full of rice, black eyed peas, cornbread, apple crumble, and ham.  


Today Aaron and I started back to work and school.  My day went very smoothly, no syrup for breakfast, always a plus, and the classroom I worked with today was just as calm as always.  Aaron began his J-term at Southeastern.  He is taking a "crash course" in Greek.  Needless to say there have been some pretty amusing sounds and songs coming from the study tonight as he learns the Greek alphabet (hoping to catch him singing the song and post it).


Tonight as I was scanning through Facebook I came across a blog, Cami Franklin's blog to be exact.
-Background - Russell and Cami Franklin were my youth minister and wife/puppet director when I was a youth.  They have since moved to Florida but I keep up with them through their blog.  Cami is an AMAZING calligrapher and is very involved in the Apparent Project. (click the link to find out more).  Anyway her post for tonight was about becoming a member of the board of the Apparent Project, which lead me to this beautiful ornament my sister, Rachel, gave me for Christmas.  Rachel recently went to Haiti on a medical mission trip and while there was able to visit the Apparent Project House.  She brought back some beautiful ornaments and metal crosses.   If you have a chance check out the link to the Apparent Project .  The jewelry is beautiful!!!

Still enjoying my Christmas Tree with my Apparent Project ornament.  

If you are looking for a fundraiser for your youth group or a way to get involved in missions The Apparent Project is a fantastic way.  I can get you in touch with Cami and she would be more than happy to share so much more than I can.



Until next time....   

2 comments: