Friday, January 25, 2013

Wintery Weather

So this is the second Friday in a row, we have had some serious winter weather.  Last Friday I had a two hour delay because of the snow and this week I got out of school four hours early because of the snow/ice. (Side note: We served lunch to the entire school PK-5 grade in exactly 1 hour, now that is teamwork.)  I must say I have enjoyed my extra time this week.  Enjoy some snow pictures from the past two weeks. 

Southeastern, last Friday Aaron took this picture after his Greek class.

This was last week's temperature.  It has been extremely cold the past few days.  It was actually snowing today during carpool.  So glad that I had my L.L. Bean coat, gloves, and earmuffs.

The snow started to fall in Wake Forest around 11:00 on Friday, January 25, 2013.

By the time I left school at 12:20, the snow had stopped and the ice was starting to fall.  Little pellets pelted my windshield as I drove home.  I was so glad to finally be home.  It took me 45 minutes to make my 30 minute drive.

The ice on the roads around 5:30.  Aaron just went to the parking lot outside our apartment and said it was like stepping on a sheet of glass.  It is now 9:40.

But no worries, we are warm and toasty inside, enjoying our first fire of the winter season.  

2 comments:

  1. How about this weather? I'm glad to be warm and cozy inside with the fire on... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a hot cup of coffee helps too. My southern Alabama self is having to get use to this super cold weather. :). Makes for an enjoyable Saturday!!!

      Delete